When you are really struggling to find the energy to cook (been there), but you want something delicious (been there even more so), look no further. This is relatively quick as far as nice dinners go; little effort but with huge satisfaction and crowd-pleasing abilities.
I made this in about 15 minutes, because my hangry (hungry + angry) family were hissing at me to hurry up and feed them. This came at a price, though. My beautiful thumbnail which I had been carefully manicuring for the past few weeks was almost sliced clean off.
Yes, always be careful when you are in a rush and dealing with sharp knives. I was lucky this didn’t cut my skin, it missed me by literally 1 millimetre. Needless to say it was the scare I needed, and I will pay much, much more attention when dealing with knives in the future.
Sharp knives are a gift and a curse.
Scroll down for the recipe
I used a quite runny yoghurt in this one, so a thick Greek yoghurt would be better for the overall consistency
Turkish lamb with yoghurt and tomato relish
Yoghurt tomato relish
3 tomatoes, chopped
1 medium red onion, sliced thinly into half moons
½ cup (loosely packed) fresh mint, sliced thinly
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup unsweetened Greek yoghurt
½ teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground cumin
½ teaspoon freshly ground all spice
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
To serve with
- Prepare the relish by mixing all ingredients in a bowl, and adding extra lemon juice, salt or cumin depending on your taste.
- In a small bowl, mix paprika, salt, cumin, all spice and cinnamon.
- Cut the lamb into strips, and toss in the spice mixture
- In a pan, heat oil, and cook the seasoned lamb on high for about 3 minutes. Leave it to sit for 1 min then chop into smaller chunks
- Serve warm, with the relish, hummus and flat bread.
Like this recipe? Bookmark the page!